I enjoyed Ashes of Immortality, but not quite as much as other Warfare Studios games like the Vagrant Hearts Games.
I think there were a couple of reasons for that:
1) The storyline and character development just wasn't as strong as in other Warfare games. I didn't find myself really drawn in or even really liking many of the characters all that much.
2) There are quite a few playable characters, which is a great feature, but some of them you get rather late in the game, and their levels do not match the levels your current party members. On top of that, if you exclude any of the party members toward the last few dungeons, unless you want to go grind them up, they're just too low level.
3) I really liked the feature where you had to carefully choose skills. A lot of thought went into this system, and you could only equip like 5 skills total, and only so many of a particular type. The only problem I had with the skill feature was that, at a certain level, characters quit learning new skills. On top of that, there were several characters that learned quite a few more skills than others, which was a little frustrating.
4) Usually, Warfare games are very visually beautiful, with extremely detailed towns and a larger world to explore. This game still had some great graphics, but it wasn't nearly as detailed. There were a lot of small towns, the world was a lot smaller, and on top of that there were a lot of locked doors in many of the larger towns and so on.
5) The game was a fair bit shorter than other Warfare games. It still had a great length, but overall, the game was not nearly in-depth.
6) There were a lot of interesting sidequests, which was great. If I remember right, though, one of the problems was that the journal entries were very sketchy, at times leaving out details like where exactly to go.
7) The battles really aren't all that difficult, especially once you get your part set and equip certain skills. For me, this wasn't a bad thing, since I hate dying all the time
Overall, definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of Warfare games. The last few have been a lot more polished than earlier games.