The Lore of Lorewyn-Reflections after playing the game

Stuck at any point in the game? Ask your questions here to get help from the forum members.

Moderator: over_cloud9

Forum rules
If you cannot find answers to your game play problem,create a new topic to receive help.

Rate the game(only if you've played it)

1(Horrible)
No votes
No votes
50%
25%
5(Wow!)
25%

Total votes : 4

The Lore of Lorewyn-Reflections after playing the game

Postby over_cloud9 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:29 pm

:wel: Welcome to the reviews of The Lore of Lorewyn!Be the first to share your reviews on this game.

P.S:If you came to read the review from Over Cloud 9's game information page,then you can click here to go back.Or sign up for free to share your reviews on this game.Enjoy!
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

For Bastian

Postby oceanloverOH » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:42 pm

I believe you are the developer of this game? I just wanted to compliment you on your excellent sense of humor. I'm always the last one to get a joke, and the play-on-words that you used on the monster names went right over my head........until I ran into the cockatrice and his friends! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now I'm wondering how many other monster names I failed to make the play-on-words connection! Anyway, it really does add a nice element of humor to the game....thank you!
Well I was born in the sign of water,
And it's there that I feel my best,
The albatross and the whales they are my brothers.
~Excerpt from Cool Change, Little River Band, 1979~
oceanloverOH
Stratus Cloud
Stratus Cloud

Re: For Bastian

Postby over_cloud9 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Hey oceanloverOH,this is a more of a compliment on the game than a help question,so I'm moving and merging this topic with the review section of this game so that other players can see it before playing it. ;)
You can also rate the game there in a scale of 1 to 5.
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Lore of Lorewyn-Reflections after playing the game

Postby EldonA » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:19 pm

I agree this is a very good game which is fun and has enough "puzzle" type elements to add something to the usual RPG of this type. The humor is great. Thanks for an enjoyable, challenging game experience.

There are times when you are given several things to do in a row (go here, get that, then go here, get that, etc.). Since there is no "quest" option in the menu there is no way to review these sequences. When I came back to the game the next day I could not remember what exactly to do so I had to go back to an earlier save, talk to the guy with the instructions again and write them down. My advice..... take notes.
EldonA
Cumulonimbus Cloud
Cumulonimbus Cloud

Postby liza » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:06 am

I really enjoyed this game. The word play was one of my favorite parts. There was a lot of creativity in this game. It might start out slow but once it gets going its great. Somethings were a little hard to figure out, but I prefer that in a game than ones that lead you by the hand. Although some kind of simple journal, like Mia's notes would have been nice. The music was very good and all original. Also along the humor vein I understand their are references to a famous playwright and his plays.
liza
Altocumulus Cloud
Altocumulus Cloud

Postby gokuu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Game is very nice... but yes as some players said a journal entry would have been nice. Good story line. But some things like overworld walking speed, some obscenely difficult bosses( i mean seriously dude how in the hell do i kill the Radasol guy... i am still stuck there.). One more thing i noticed price of things, item or weapon.. it forces you to grind a lot if you are trying to get some good gears earlier. I always had to compensate with some lower order gears. I could never afford them all. It should always have a balance b/w item prices and the amount of loot we are getting.
gokuu
Cumulonimbus Cloud
Cumulonimbus Cloud

Postby Elyona » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:19 pm

This is just my opion, my note for the creator is that next time you make a game, please don't make the fights as hard as they are against the bad fairies when they are in the fairy castle. I don't know if I am missing a great spell that will work against them, but right now I only have Lore which works pretty good against them, but you have to hit them with it twice and sometimes that seems impossible. I mean right now I have been fighting a group of 6 faires for about 5 mintues so far, I had to take a break from the fight before I just gave up, and I haven't even got to hit them with Lore once or kill a single one. And I have already tried this area once before yesterday but I gave up after what felt like forever. :sur: I mean I like it when the RPGs I play give me a challenge, but this is annoying. I mean I keep using up all my Rare Herbs since they are the only things that cancel out the silence and the confusion status, so then I have to wait for them to go away on their own but when they finally do, before I get a chance to cast a spell, if my characters aren't dead, the stupid faires cast the spells again and I am back where I started and I want to scream. :X I mean I don't want to stop anyone from playing the game because besides this part, it is a great game. :tu: And I also want anyone else who reads this to remember this is just my opion, I think I mostly just needed to vent, sorry if I sounded really mean.

Okay I finally finally beat all the bad fairies, I think, I still have to go back through the castle so there might be more, but still if you could make fights like this a little easier it would be nice, at least for me. Thanks again for the fun game.
Elyona
Cumulonimbus Cloud
Cumulonimbus Cloud

Postby bastian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Elyona wrote:This is just my opion, my note for the creator is that next time you make a game, please don't make the fights as hard as they are against the bad fairies when they are in the fairy castle.

I noticed that myself when I recently replayed that section. You're right, those Bad Faeries are much too difficult. I'll be fixing that. :) Thanks for reminding me.
bastian
Cumulonimbus Cloud
Cumulonimbus Cloud

Postby Atomic Archer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:37 pm

I've only just started the game, and it's looking good so far! My only problem with it is that you should have a little text file listing the controls that comes with it. I spent about 10 minutes sitting at the top of the starting tower, wondering how the heck I was supposed to open the menu and equip my swords! I managed to get it after lots of keymashing, but it was very annoying.

What was also annoying is the Slime Lord. >:P A little harsh for so early in the game! He beat the daylights out of Tyrin- TWICE!
Atomic Archer
Vapour
Vapour

Return to The Lore of Lorewyn