Grimoire Chronicles review

Stuck at any point in the game? Ask your questions here to get help from the forum members.

Moderator: over_cloud9

Forum rules
If you are stuck in the game and cannot find solutions to your problem, create a new topic here stating it.

Rate the game (only if you have played it)

1 (Horrible)
60%
20%
No votes
No votes
5 (Wow!)
20%

Total votes : 5

Grimoire Chronicles review

Postby over_cloud9 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:22 pm

:wel: Welcome to the reviews of Grimoire Chronicles! Be the first to share your reviews on this game.

P.S:If you came to read the review from Over Cloud 9's game information page,then you can click here to go back.Or sign up for free to share your reviews on this game.Enjoy!
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grimoire Chronicles review

Postby Angel_Wings » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:07 pm

I took a look at the screenshots and such for the game and it looks to be fun. ^^ I haven't heard of this developer so I'm assuming it's a new one. Do you know whether he or she has a main site? I'd like to check it out for curiosity. XD

And I'll definitely demo when I get the chance. ^^
Angel_Wings
Nimbostratus Cloud
Nimbostratus Cloud

Postby over_cloud9 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah they do. Check the PM I've sent.
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel_Wings » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:04 pm

I got a chance to demo this game earlier, as the storyline seemed interesting and all. I'm not entirely sold on this game yet and it's for a couple of reasons.

Near the end of the demo, I experienced a bug, I think. I had that hunter guy and got the quest to find a cat in the forest but I couldn't enter the forest. At first, I couldn't leave the town at all and then realized using my mouse that there was a way to leave but the mapping wasn't done correctly so it made leaving less obvious.

The other reason is a bit picky, I'll admit, but I found a few grammar errors in the game. Like I can take a couple here and there and if they're not too obvious but if they stick out, then it throws me off a bit.

I think the game has potential but it would be nice to see these aspects fixed. I might give it another go if they are. ^^
Angel_Wings
Nimbostratus Cloud
Nimbostratus Cloud

Postby liza » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:40 am

After playing the demo I don't think I will purchase this game. It has potential but at $20 I expect a polished game. There are a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. Then there is the battle screen. It was impossible for me to know who was attacking/hitting the enemies.

I would not recommend this game.
liza
Altocumulus Cloud
Altocumulus Cloud

Postby oceanloverOH » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:43 pm

This game has a good storyline and a lot of potential. I downloaded and started the demo....but the dialog was so rampant with spelling, grammatical, and syntax errors that I quit after 20 minutes in disgust. I know that for many Indie game developers, English is not their first language. That's where a really good team of beta testers who are accomplished in the written form of the English language can make a huge difference. It's a real shame, that a potentially great gaming experience was reduced by such easily-remedied (but in my opinion, serious) issues.
oceanloverOH
Cumulonimbus Cloud
Cumulonimbus Cloud

Return to Grimoire Chronicles