Game Hints and FAQs **Contains Major Spoilers**

Stuck in the game? Need maps or walkthrough? Want to discuss about the game? Need the latest bug-fixed game patches? This is the place where you do it. Please post all questions pertaining to Arevan here and not in other forums.

Moderator: over_cloud9

Forum rules
If you are stuck in the game and cannot find a solution, create a new topic stating your problem.

Game Hints and FAQs **Contains Major Spoilers**

Postby over_cloud9 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:33 am

The game does not have a linear progression or ending and your choices through out the game can affect it permanently. So here are some of the surprises I have for you XD (warning: may contain major spoilers, so read with caution :read: ).

1) Why do I need to complete the Armel's quest (located at Arevan)?

He gives you Rusty Key which you can use to unlock the Temple of Wisdom.

2) What are the consequences of Conrad's secret dungeon quest?

After you discover the secret dungeon and take him with you there, you'll get an option to Kill him or spare him. If you kill him, you'll get 20000 gold and his quest will be marked in red as 'failed'. If you spare him, you'll get two protection rings and The God of Wisdom, Hamua, will bestow his blessings on you. This blessing is important in deciding the game ending.

3) Are there any ultimate weapons or armors?

Of course! Here's a list of where you can find them-
Pascal : Laser Phantom (complete the laser quest of the scientist, Heron, at Copernicus)
Maurean: King's Sword (As a drop after killing the *culprit* when you have discovered who the culprit is).
Loyola: Wizard Rod (Snow Woods chest, Lilliput's battle at Amber)
Kromon: Doesn't have any as he is blind.
Zubin: Dragon Whip (Snow Woods chest)
Zubin (Vampire): Great Axe(Ivory graveyard )
Nandini: Wizard Rod (see Loyola's info)
Seul: Dragon Claw (Temple of Love)

4) The Impenetrable armor can be found in the Temple of Love and as a drop from the secret hunter at the same place.

5) How do I get Zubin?
Visit the Tumpala tavern, which is accessible after the orb stealing event, and talk to the twin brothers. During the conversation, you'll get to choose 3 options- yes save him, no, will come back later. If you choose to save him, he will join you. If you select "No", he will die. And you can always come back when you select "will come back later".

6) Valko's quest consequences-
After giving him the ingredients, if he drinks it, watch what happens. He will leave an immortality skill pill behind. If Zubin is in your party at that time and he drinks it, he'll turn into a vampire! But the quest will be marked as 'failed'. Then you need to buy him blood from the Healer's home at Arevan or else he will die.

7) Lost Love quest consequences-
If you save Bima, the God of Conscience, Amadeus, will grant access to the inner sanctum of his temple. That is important in deciding the game ending. If you choose to kill him, the quest will be marked in red as 'failed'.

8) Chryses coins-
Locations of the coins added by Liza-
Copper- Enki Cave- little red chest
Silver- Nariyel Grove South -little red chest
Gold – Fioni, reward from Mr. Eurig's quest
Bronze- Temple of Love-little red chest
Platinum- Castle of Icicles -little red chest

If you get him all the coins, he will give you the queen's coin. The queen's coin can be used to get some costly items at Jack's Shack at discounted price.

9) What will happen to Loyola?
Depends on what options you choose when the assassin attacks during Jamini's meeting at Barreli. If you choose "Fight", then she will die. If you choose "No it is too dangerous" then she will escape and join your party later.

10) Getting the Love blessing-
Choose "Yes I love her and want her back" at the Abandoned castle conversation with Amenhotep. You'll receive the love blessing from Lubosa. It is important in deciding the game ending.

11) How can I unite Loyola and Pascal-
Visit Aquarana and get the black pearl from Pearl bay. Then have both Pascal and Loyola in the active party. Talk to Pipu at Aquarana and gift the pearl to Loyola. The union will be observed at the game end.

12) How can I unite Maurean and Nandini?
After Nandini joins the party, have her active in the party. Then talk to Mariba at Barreli. Buy the desert rose for Nandini.
Next, visit Branian and speak to the florist. Buy the bouquet for Nandini.
Then, visit Amber and speak to Lubosa. The sequence is not important, it can be done in any order. But it is important to have Nandini in the active party for that. The union can be seen at the end.

13) Secret Boss: Best Boss hunter medal
You can fight Herculian by talking to the kid at Jack's Shack. But you can fight him only when you've killed all the bosses in other dungeons. Here's the list of bosses whom you need to finish before you get to fight him-

1) Tyrone
2) Transformer
3) Desert Fly
4) Underground devil
5) Duncan
6) Swamp ghost
7) Cry baby
8 ) Lovely Girl
9) Ice princess
10) Valkiris

I won't tell their locations, you can find it for yourself XD . btw The Lotus Snake of Nariyel Grove doesn't count in it as he is a random encounter and is meant to be an annoyance XD

14) The game ending?
The game has multiple endings depending on what decisions you choose during the game.
Ending 1: Get the blessings described in points- 2, 7 and 10. Then obtain the Orbs of Love, Wisdom and Conscience from their respective temples (see world map). After that, visit the Zenith at the Castle of Icicles to observe the ending. This is supposed to be the true ending, but not for those who love a challenging fight. ;)

Ending 2: If you miss even one orb and reach the Zenith at the Castle of Icicles, you'll get to see the other ending. This calls for an ultimate fight though XD .

There are many other factors that also affects the ending. That depends on what options you choose described in points- 5, 6, 9, 11 and 12.

15) Living Museum inmates locations: (Added by Reverie)
1] Santa Claus - Ivory farms
2] Harry Potter - Temple of Wisdom
3] Gandhi - Tumpala
4] Cleopatra - Barreli
5] Einstein - Copernicus lab

16) Harry Potter answers:
The correct answer to get him would be- Fine, take it or leave it. The other two will actually cause him to disappear.

You can replay the game to observe how the different choices change the course of the game. Enjoy! :)
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Game Hints and FAQs **Contains Major Spoilers**

Postby Angel_Wings » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:34 am

Wanted to add:

I have no idea where the Great Axe is-sorry but I'd need to replay the game to see where it is-but there is another wizard rod, I think. If the party defeats Liliput in Amber, then they get one. :)
Angel_Wings
Nimbostratus Cloud
Nimbostratus Cloud

Postby over_cloud9 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:36 am

Curse my memory :P

Thanks Angel_Wings, I'm adding it in my post. :)
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel_Wings » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Still trying to find that Great Axe but in the meantime, I wanted to add something about the ultimate weapons. It was something I discovered as I played. For Pascal, it helps to have him learn the empowered thunder spell. I think it's a drop item from Duncan although there's not a guarantee that the player will get it. Once Pascal learns that skill and has his ultimate weapon, when he casts that spell, the damage effect for the monster will greatly increase although it'll also temporarily increase the monster's mind. For Nandini and Loyola, it helps to have them learn the empowered fire spell since the wizard rod is fire-based. I forgot where to find it-I'll look around and pay attention as I replay. It has the same effect when used. I'm not sure if the other playable characters have such enhanced spells but I know that for those three, they do. :)
Angel_Wings
Nimbostratus Cloud
Nimbostratus Cloud

Postby over_cloud9 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:32 pm

There are only two Empowered spells - thunder and fire. So don't worry. :)
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reverie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:38 pm

The great axe can be found in a chest at Ivory's graveyard :)
Reverie
Nimbostratus Cloud
Nimbostratus Cloud

Postby over_cloud9 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Updating it. btw editing your post to hide your text in spoiler tags XD
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby liza » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 pm

That's all I remember.
liza
Altocumulus Cloud
Altocumulus Cloud

Postby Aggeliki » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:44 pm

i finished the game and before my 2nd playthrough i must say
1)
i did the 3 things required to get maurean and nandini together but in the end nandini just walks away and maurean says nothing :(

2)
in my inventory all coins exist but i still cant complete the quest.. :scratch:
Aggeliki
Stratocumulus Cloud
Stratocumulus Cloud

Postby over_cloud9 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:55 pm

Those are the two weird bugs that slipped during testing. I fixed them in ver 1.5. You can download the patch from the download topic (don't use older save files to play or the game will crash). Uploading them....
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Game Help, Hints, Maps, Walkthrough and Bug-fixed patches