New registrations are stopped due to excessive spams. If you wish to register to our forums, please mail your desired user ID along with your email ID at support[at]overcloud9[dot]com .

Alpha Kimori- Great Doubt review

Stuck at any point while playing the game? Ask your questions or discuss about this game here.

Moderator: over_cloud9

Rate this game (only if you played it)

1 (Horrible)
No votes
No votes
No votes
25%
5 (Wow!)
75%

Total votes : 8

Alpha Kimori- Great Doubt review

Postby over_cloud9 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:24 am

:wel: Welcome to the reviews of Alpha Kimori- Great Doubt!Like this game?Be the first to share your views here.

P.S:If you came to read the review from Over Cloud 9's game information page,then you can click here to go back.Or sign up for free to share your reviews on this game.Enjoy!
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alpha Kimori- Great Doubt review

Postby oceanloverOH » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:14 am

This was an excellent game. If I could have rated it 4.5, I would have. I had to dock it a bit, though, because it was so short....but the game itself, in my opinion, was 5 material. Many developers seem to be going the route of a more inexpensive 6-hour episode released at shorter intervals, rather than pricing a 40-hour game at $20 or more and not releasing the sequel until a year to 2 years later. Not necessarily a bad thing, for those on fixed or limited incomes (I just prefer a longer, more expensive game). What made this game great?

:bravo: The enemies are visible AND avoidable, for the most part.
:bravo: The game was much more about story than about grinding.
:bravo: The characters were well-fleshed-out...you really CARE what happens to them.
:bravo: This wasn't the average find-and-kill-the-evil-wizard game....really good story!
:bravo: I never got lost and needed help, not once. But then I prefer a more-linear game.
:bravo: For those that aren't wild about linear games, there were several sidequests to accomplish or not.
:bravo: Graphics were clear, movement was smooth, text was attentive to English grammar and syntax.

All in all, thoroughly enjoyable play for Episode 1. Very much looking forward to Episode 2. Great Job, Team Alpha Kimori! :heart:
Well I was born in the sign of water,
And it's there that I feel my best,
The albatross and the whales they are my brothers.
~Excerpt from Cool Change, Little River Band, 1979~
oceanloverOH
Stratus Cloud
Stratus Cloud

Postby gaby5516 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:04 am

I totally agree with oceanlover
The game was way too short though.
Really not worth the $ .
Other than that the game was great to play.
Just soooooooooooooo short
gaby5516
Stratus Cloud
Stratus Cloud

Postby giannism16 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:30 am

this is an amazing game. i enjoyed playing!! :) :)
the price wasn't very high, if you think that it took 5 years for the creation of this game!! ;)
..to the developers: keep the good work for the second episode too! :tu:
giannism16
Vapour
Vapour

Postby frostentity » Sat May 21, 2011 3:08 am

I second everyone here who gave a 5. This is a great game and I definitely enjoyed it. You can really see that the Developer worked on the graphics. The battle background is quite unique and beautiful. The plot is intriguing and there is a lot of background in the World of Alpha Kimori. I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel. :)
frostentity
Vapour
Vapour

Postby Kitty-Cat-Momma » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:17 pm

I also agree with the others here that: 1. the game is really great & 2. it's too short! I am a major anime fan, and this game was CLASSIC anime in ALL ways possible. The storyline, the look of the characters, you name it, and it was totally anime. I'm very lucky that I didn't have to buy this game as it was added a while back on the unlimited site I subscribe to. (On my budget, I'd never be able to afford all the games I play if it weren't for unlimited!) However, you'd be stunned how many members on the other site gave this game awful reviews!!!! :bbb: (The same members put down on the site and any games that AREN'T hidden object games, though, so take their bad reviews with a grain of salt. It's why I LOVE this site and its members so much. Why some people think they are the only people who matter is totally beyond me!!!...Kay, stepping back down off my soapbox...think it's time to buy a new soapbox as I'm wearing this one out lately! :ril: :ril: :ril: )

Okay, back to the review. The graphics are really great, especially, as mentioned above, since I'm an anime fan. It's fairly easy, for people who like to do this, to level up your characters. The only two things that tempted me to give it 4 stars instead of 5 are:
1.) The special attack crystals don't seem to do much damage. Since you can sell them for 375 and more credits, I usually sell them all in order to afford defensive gear and weapons.
2.) Weapons for the two main characters should have been made available MUCH SOONER as they don't show up in the store until nearly the end.

Since I like to level up my characters, I like the fact that you can repeat one side quest as often as you'd like. I counted out of curiousity (yes, I know the old saying about curiousity and cats :lol: ) and found that you can earn a total of 8,000 exp points by battling every critter in the bodyguard sidequest.

Last thing I LOVE about this game has to do with some of the two main characters Ki Skills. Vanessa's main attack, when the creature is strong enough to remain after her attack, allows her to replenish her health AND ki! Wow, I wish more games had something like this! Also, Vanessa and Rick both have Ki abilities that allow them to increase the whole party's Ki reserves. How great is that?!?! :fan:

I suspect the length means that there will be at least one more in the series. (Not to mention that there are some areas we see on the map screen while traveling from one area to another that we never get to access. Yep, I think there will be a part two. If I'm right, I know what I'll be spending my little game purchase nest egg on when it comes out! :dk: )

Happy :game: to all!

Mistie & Andrew (Ta-Cun is misbehaving due to the cold weather, so mommy is punishing him by not letting him in on the salutation! :ril: )
Kitty-Cat-Momma
Cumulonimbus Cloud
Cumulonimbus Cloud

Return to Alpha Kimori- Great Doubt