Freedom Cry- reflections after playing the game

Stuck at any point in the game? Ask your questions here to get help from the forum members.

Moderator: over_cloud9

Rate the game (only if you have played it)

1 (Horrible)
No votes
No votes
67%
33%
5 (Wow!)
No votes

Total votes : 3

Freedom Cry- reflections after playing the game

Postby over_cloud9 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:44 am

:wel: Welcome to the reviews of Freedom Cry!Like the game?Be the first to share a review on it.

P.S:If you came to read the review from Over Cloud 9's game information page,then you can click here to go back.Or sign up for free to share your reviews on this game.Enjoy!
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Freedom Cry- reflections after playing the game

Postby willi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Nice game of the makers af vagrant hearts.A little bit slow,expensive and not so many new ideas till now... and really many bugs,some important,some less.Think the game was made by hot needles without too much testing before otcoming.
willi
Stratus Cloud
Stratus Cloud

Postby cherye » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 am

Once I was able to play the game with some of the bugs fixed. I enjoyed it. Absolutely loved the humor. It's worth playing.
Cherye
cherye
Vapour
Vapour

Postby synthesis » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:10 am

As usual, Warfare Studios does an excellent job developing characters and story. On top of that, the grammatical errors are much less prevalent than in earlier games. The graphics really are beautiful, especially the overworld map. One of the things I loved about this game was that it does have a huge replay value. I've only finished one of the three paths so far, and from what I understand, depending on which guild you choose, your quests and the story will vary dramatically. Initially, I was a little disappointed when I finished because the game seemed a bit shorter, but then I realized that I had to other options to explore.

With that said, there were a few cons to the game.
1) The length/speed of the battles -- battles take an awful long time. They can become especially tedious when there are a lot of unavoidable foes (like in the city battles) that keep respawning.

2) The healer. Uggh. That's all I can say. Whoever your healer is (I chose Kismet), she pretty much can't do anything. She hits for nothing, and she has one offensive spell that does way to little damage for the cost. While I realize healers normally hit for less, she ends up being virtually useless (I'll get to that in a moment).

3) Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. This frequency of characters missing was altogether too high, making the battles even longer. On top of that, enemies almost never landed a hit. While this was nice, it made the healer and all the healing items dropped pretty much useless.

4) The monsters, even the bosses, really weren't all that challenging. It's not that I minded all that much, but if they're going to be so easy, at least let me one hit them and move on, instead of going like 2 rounds on one normal monster when there are 3 or 4 total to kill in the battle.

5) Small glitches and bugs that still haven't been worked out. One of the most prevalent was the ability for both you and monsters to walk on places you shouldn't be able to--like rooftops, lava, etc.

*Edited--While it looks like I have a huge list of negatives for this game, really, the battles system was my primary problem. And if I hadn't gotten sucked into the story and sat playing nonstop, I probably wouldn't have noticed nearly as much. I guess, for me, I was so into the story that the battles started to detract from it :P. I would highly recommend this game. Warfare creates an excellent story, and the dialogue is often hilarious. However, just as a warning, the battles can get extremely tedious, especially when you get to the level cap, but can't avoid the enemies.
synthesis
Stratus Cloud
Stratus Cloud

Return to Freedom Cry