Skyborn- Reflections after playing the game

Stuck at any point in the game? Ask your questions here to get help from the forum members.

Moderator: over_cloud9

Rate the game (only if you have played it)

1 (Horrible)
No votes
No votes
No votes
13%
5 (Wow!)
88%

Total votes : 8

Skyborn- Reflections after playing the game

Postby over_cloud9 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:20 pm

:wel: Welcome to the reviews of Skyborn!Be the first to share your reviews on this game.

P.S:If you came to read the review from Over Cloud 9's game information page,then you can click here to go back.Or sign up for free to share your reviews on this game.Enjoy!
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Skyborn- Reflections after playing the game

Postby Cha Wingborne » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:17 pm

This is a really good game, I don't know why more ppl haven't played it. I like the chars, the colouring, the story line, the treasures...
Great art work.
Now, I just played The Book of Legends. If I hadn't, I'd say this is the best game of it's "kind". And there are things Skyborn does better than TBOL.

I love it. :bravo: :heart:

Cha Wingborne
Vapour
Vapour

Postby liza » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Great Game. Would recommend to everyone.

This game has it all, story, game play, graphics, custom music.

Visible enemies, easy/normal/hard mode. It is more important how you select and use your skills/equipment than leveling up. Plenty of sidequests, colloseum battling.
liza
Altocumulus Cloud
Altocumulus Cloud

A must play game !

Postby ZenderZed » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:21 pm

aha ! after Arevan and deadly sin 2 this was the game i loved most in this genere. the graphics are really fantastic, the story is original and the battle system is really good. Though i liked everything of this there is one upset too. When the story seems to get higher and the characters get to go with some good skills, the game ends. One request to the developers, pls if you make the sequel make it some lengthier and also introduce more weapons type. Over-all A must play game..
ZenderZed
Vapour
Vapour

Postby synthesis » Tue May 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Skyborn is a very beautifully developed game both story-wise and visually. I'd have to say that this was one of the best recent rpgs that I've played.

I'll start with the cons in this game, which were both extremely minor things. First, there were a few of the high up armor that did not appear in the inventory. These items were only equipable on specific characters, so it took me a while to figure out that I actually had them

The only other thing was that the weapon development at the forges was a little confusing and could have been a little better done. It was hard to figure out just how much of the ore you needed for a weapon, and what the advantages to using the forge were over just buying it in the store. A little more detail on forging would have been greatly appreciated, especially since the ores were so limited. I think I wasted a bunch creating weapons I could have just bought in the store. And yes, for most of the ore, you eventually can buy it, but I think by the time you can do so, there are better weapons in the store than you can forge.

That said, those really were the only, very slight, detriments to the game. The story and characters were immensely well-developed and engaging. Even with minor characters like Jake and Jillie, I wanted to know more and kept hoping they'd be drawn in as playable characters at some point.

I loved the apples where you got to choose how to upgrade characters. Each of the paths that characters can take are much different, so I know I'm going to have to go back and play just to see how the different choices change their skills--that, and I skipped over a few things just because I couldn't wait to continue the story :D

Another factor, which I don't think I've seen in any other rpgs, was that in Skyborn, you actually get to battle with all five of your characters, rather than the standard four. On top of that, the equipment choices you make for each character can radically effect their speed in battle (I would have loved more of those experimental potions that added to a characters build and the weight they could carry :P).

I absolutely loved this game, and if you haven't played yet, definitely pick up a copy soon! I so hope there are more in this series coming very soon!
synthesis
Stratus Cloud
Stratus Cloud

Return to Skyborn