Kane's Advocacy review

Stuck at any point in the game? Ask your questions here to get help from the forum members.

Moderator: over_cloud9

Rate the game (only if you have played it)

1 (Wow!)
No votes
No votes
No votes
33%
5 (Horrible)
67%

Total votes : 3

Kane's Advocacy review

Postby over_cloud9 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:08 pm

:wel: Welcome to the reviews of Kane's Advocacy!Like the game?Be the first to share your opinion amongst your friends here.

P.S:If you came to read the review from Over Cloud 9's game information page,then you can click here to go back.Or sign up for free to share your reviews on this game.Enjoy!
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kane's Advocacy review

Postby synthesis » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Like Kane's Plight, Kane's Advocacy is all about choices, not battles. You have to choose between two towns, Ryson & Dirkley, who are engaged in a conflict against each other. There are numerous quests, and the choices you make impact which side you're aligned with.

I've played through twice already, and still haven't even headed to the second town. The game is exceptionally well-done and well-thought out and a very refreshing use of the rpg software. There are no battles, but instead, the game focuses on the story--and yes, there's quite a bit of dialogue, but it's all very well-written. When you complete quests, you level up and gain points for whichever town the outcome favored.

Unlike Kane's Plight, there's less focus on building skills (they aren't used or emphasized nearly as much), thus far fewer items to equip. Part of me was a little disappointed in this factor, but not that enough for it to detract from the game.

Another feature added to the game is a commentary mode that you can switch on and off. You get insight into the developer's thoughts when creating certain characters, quests, etc, and in some cases, you also get hints & tips before you make a choice. Since I love all the behind the scenes type stuff on videos, I also loved this feature.

Overall, very creative and enjoyable game! As with the first game, I was so engaged that I just kept wishing there were more quests and more choices :D Of course, I still need to go play the other town, but I'm saving that. . . :P
synthesis
Stratus Cloud
Stratus Cloud

Postby kanesgames » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Thank you for the review :). Which town did you go to first? They both have awesome quest lines, but Ryson has my favorite, the meteor quest.
I will always be here to answer questions about any of my games :).
Follow me on my Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/KanesGames

kanesgames
Vapour
Vapour

Postby synthesis » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 pm

I've done Ryson twice now, once playing for Ryson and once against :D. I've started Dirkley and am working my way through there now--there are a lot more people in jail over on that side :P
synthesis
Stratus Cloud
Stratus Cloud

Return to Kane's Advocacy