New registrations are stopped due to excessive spams. If you wish to register to our forums, please mail your desired user ID along with your email ID at support[at]overcloud9[dot]com .

Fix- Antivirus blocking downloads from our website

We shall update all the latest news and updates here, so keep checking back.
Shortcuts-
| Forum rules |
| Fix to "Antivirus blocking downloads" |
| Newbie/guest guide to the forum |

Moderator: over_cloud9

Fix- Antivirus blocking downloads from our website

Postby over_cloud9 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:42 am

Many players have reported this problem. All the files from our website are 100% safe to download, we take great care in selecting and scanning the files before putting it up on our website.

Here is a scan result by google (click to enlarge it)-

The antivirus quarantines the game files mistaking it for a malware. The DRMs used in the game causes this to happen. To counter this-

1) You can add the file to your antivirus' excluded list/ white list/ trusted list.

2) If you go in the 'quarantine' option of the antivirus, the game should be listed there. If you click on it you should be given the option to restore the file.

3) If nothing is allowing the game to run, turn off the antivirus. Once the download and installation is complete, turn it on again.

If any other player has any different fix to this problem which has worked for you, please feel free to post it here and help the other players. Your guidance is much appreciated. :tu:
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fix- Antivirus blocking downloads from our website

Postby stomper269 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:37 pm

i am having major problem with this everygame thats coming from mediafire.com i can not download, if its from overcloud9, amaranthia, etc. norton will not let me receive. i see here you say i go to excluded/list i dont know where this is can you take me through step by step. thank you
stomper269
Stratus Cloud
Stratus Cloud

Postby over_cloud9 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 am

If you are using internet explorer, go to the internet explorer symbol,right click it and it should say "run as administrator". Click that and you will be able to download.
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stomper269 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:38 pm

thanks overcloud9 will try it now and will let you know if it goes through.
stomper269
Stratus Cloud
Stratus Cloud

Postby blumyst » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:31 am

I have norton and downloaded this game just fine as all the rest of the games download fine with having norton. It might bea negative positive, I mean the games fine its the antivirus or setting that stops it. Theres defenitily nothing wrong with the game.
blumyst
Cumulonimbus Cloud
Cumulonimbus Cloud

Postby Annabellen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:39 am

Valuable information ..I am delighted to read this article..thank you for giving us this useful information. Great walk-through. I value this post.
Annabellen
Vapour
Vapour

Postby granny steph » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:56 am

Hi. I am having the same problem down loading this game...but also alot of the free games.
Before the game starts to be downloaded it asks do 'want to run' or 'save it'. I 'run' it but it says the file is corrupt or has been emailed incorrectly!?

I had the same problem with victims of xen and 'sam' kindly sent me a new link to download that worked the normal way.

Is there a different link that can be sent to me to down load this game please. Have tried disabling 'quarentine' but it still will not download.

Thanks..... :sur:
granny steph
Stratocumulus Cloud
Stratocumulus Cloud

Postby liza » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:33 pm

@grannysteph

What game are you having a problem downloading?
liza
Cirrostratus Cloud

Postby over_cloud9 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:28 pm

granny steph wrote:Hi. I am having the same problem down loading this game...but also alot of the free games.
Before the game starts to be downloaded it asks do 'want to run' or 'save it'. I 'run' it but it says the file is corrupt or has been emailed incorrectly!?

I had the same problem with victims of xen and 'sam' kindly sent me a new link to download that worked the normal way.

Is there a different link that can be sent to me to down load this game please. Have tried disabling 'quarentine' but it still will not download.

Thanks..... :sur:

Did you try saving it? You need to have winrar/winzip in order to open those files if it is a free game.
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to News, Guidelines and help for newbies/guests