Lilly & Sasha: Curse of the Immortals reviews

Stuck at any point in the game?Ask your questions here to get help from the forum members.

Moderator: over_cloud9

Forum rules
If you are stuck in the game and cannot find the answer here,then create a new topic here stating it.

Rate the game (only if you've played it)

1 (horrible)
No votes
No votes
25%
No votes
5 (wow!)
75%

Total votes : 4

Lilly & Sasha: Curse of the Immortals reviews

Postby over_cloud9 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:02 pm

:wel: Welcome to the reviews of Lilly & Sasha: Curse of the Immortals!Like the game?Be the first to share a review on it.

P.S:If you came to read the review from Over Cloud 9's game information page,then you can click here to go back.Or sign up for free to share your reviews on this game.Enjoy!
Cheers!
Over_cloud9
over_cloud9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lilly & Sasha: Curse of the Immortals reviews

Postby loontune » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Simply put, this is a great game that stands out in a increasingly crowded casual indie rpg marketplace. Designed by John Wizard games (makers of Dawn's Light and Dawn's Light: A Christmas Tale), this game is a lot of fun and has much to offer the indie rpg player. Lilly and Sasha has lots of good stuff to offer, such as an improved comprehensive quest journal, integrated area maps in the menu system, battle restart options, automatic equipping of weapons and armor, and much more, but there are 3 areas that really stand out. First this game offers the usual John Wizard dialogue that's always funny and always seems to find the time to poke fun at other common rpg elements, game forums, and yes even some of John Wizards games' past mistakes. That said, the game does have its serious side that blend in nicely with the humor and never seems awkward. Second, like previous John Wizard games, the puzzles are definitely fun and challenging (yet solvable) and in my limited rpg playing opinion absolutely unique. Finally, what really needs to be mentioned is the completely new battle system that has been integrated into the game. There really isn't a way to try and explain the new battle system here since it's way to difficult to try and explain it in typed words without going on and on and confusing everyone, so you're all just going to have to download and try it to see what I mean. All I can say is while it will probably take a little getting use to, once you do, I think you love it. Overall this game is a lot of fun and should have moments where you'll laugh out loud and other time where you'll be playing for awhile and look up at the clock and not realize how much time has actually passed. The game is engrossing and fun and is a must have for any rpg gamer.

As one big caveat for any gamers, if your looking for a game with a lot of level grinding to where you can end up at level 50 or more and random encounters, this isn't the game for you. You won't get much experience points for fighting and while some enemies will disappear and others respawn, they are all visible. Also, a very heavy emphasis has been placed on main and side quests for leveling purposes and you'll get much of your increases that way. For example, completing Lilly and Shasha on easy saw my characters at level 26 and on hard at level 23 and I did very little grinding in either difficulty and probably did more than I really had too since another player mentioned beating hard on either level 21 or 22. That said, this wasn't a negative but rather another way to make this game even more unique. I hate random encounters and level grinding and adore great dialogue, storylines, and puzzles, so I definitely loved this game and I think you will too!
loontune
Cumulonimbus Cloud
Cumulonimbus Cloud

Re: Lilly & Sasha: Curse of the Immortals reviews

Postby frostentity » Sat May 21, 2011 3:03 am

Definitely a must play. Personally, I enjoyed this game a lot more than Dawn's Light. The CMS is just beautiful. The plot was good, better than Dawn's Light, in my opinion. The battles are really enjoyable although they were too easy... Oh well, it's John Wizard's trademark really... Easy battles and puzzles. lol. :) A great game overall! I recommend this game to RPG amateurs and experts alike. What are you waiting for? Buy it now! lol. :ril:
frostentity
Vapour
Vapour

Return to Lilly & Sasha: Curse of the Immortals